Year End Housing Sales 2015 – Town of Newburgh NY
Year End Housing Market Update for 2015
The Town of Newburgh housing market saw some increased activity this year. Sales were up, and prices moved up ever so slightly. The number of sales increased 21.84%. Buyers and sellers were very pleased with this. Homes over $450K price point were up dramatically. Our waterfront homes continue to provide value to buyers looking for luxury at a most reasonable price point. Sellers in the luxury market should pay attention this spring as more inventory gives more choices for buyers to find their dream home. Many buyers relocating to the area are looking for a home that boasts those famous Hudson River views.
- 251 homes sold in the Town of Newburgh for the year 2015
- Median sale price of these homes were $219,900
- Average sales price was $237,628 spending approximately 136 number of days on the market.
- The most expensive home sold was at $830,000
- The least expensive home sold was $20,000
- 49 homes sold between $150,000 to $200,000
- 59 homes sold between $200,000 to $249,000
- 37 homes sold between $250,000 and $300,000
- 21 homes were new construction which is consistent with last year
- 14 homes sold over $450,000 for the entire year
- 33 of the sold homes were in the shortsale status for 2015 that transferred title which is up from 2015
- The absorption rate for the Town of Newburgh 2015 is now at 10.76 months of inventory which is falling.
The Town of Newburgh continues to see homes selling. Pricing has is up slightly and buyers are moving into homes. The average sale price is up 1.8% over last year. Shortsales still invade the market and continue to be a problem for house values to begin to appreciate again. The strongest part of the market continues to show homes selling under $300,000. Many buyers are looking for that first home that is affordable, commutable and in great condition. The ability to work in our area is worth a 60 mile commute to Grand Central Station. Homes that are well priced right disappear off the market quickly.
Looking at the last give years shows that our selling prices are not increasing. The volume of sales grew more this year than in the last four. Our inventory is consistent and we expect to see more homes enter the market in the next few weeks. Statistically speaking we are in the slow months. Buyers however are out in full force and looking to make a move. Interest rates have not taken off yet, but our serious buyers are thinking that now is the time before they miss out.
- 2011 – 161 Homes Sold – Average Price – $239,719
- 2012 – 172 Homes Sold – Average Price – $250,804
- 2013 – 205 Homes Sold – Average Price – $242,313
- 2014 – 206 Homes Sold – Average Price – $233,359
- 2015 – 251 Homes Sold – Average Price is $237,628
December 2015 Monthly Breakdown of Sales
- A total of 31 single family homes sold (compared to December of 2014 having 31)
- Average price was $257,477
- Average home spent 154 Days on the market
- Most expensive home sold was $650,000
- The least expensive home sold was $92,500
- There are currently 225 active listings as of December 31st.
If you are looking to buy or sell a home in the next few months, now is the time to learn about the process, the challenges and what you can expect. Don’t wait until the weather changes, the birds are singing and your competition has already done their homework. Buying and selling real estate is a moving target. Ready – Set – Go! Begin the process now.
Take a look at the Town of Newburgh NY Active MLS Listings
This advertisement does not suggest that the broker has a listing in this property or properties or that any property is currently available. Page ONE
Knowing what has sold in the past is helpful when either buying or selling a home. It gives you a better perspective of the current status of the market. If you are looking to purchase or sell a home in the Town of Newburgh NY I would be happy to discuss your real estate needs and show you how I can help. I am your local Newburgh NY real estate agent that is ready to guide you every step of the way.
Search the MLS – ACTIVE Listing in the Town of Newburgh NY Orange County NYSearch Town of Newburgh NY Homes for Sale
What Homes Sold Town of Newburgh NY 2015?
published by: your real estate expert Janis Borgueta Key Properties of the Hudson Valley as a community service in Newburgh NY. To receive more real estate information please subscribe to this blog. Looking to buy a new home? Search the MLS for New Homes in Newburgh NY. You can contact Janis at (845)-527-7115 or find her on