Year End Housing Sales 2015 Montgomery NY
The Montgomery NY housing market for 2015 has come to an end with some great results in the number of sales. Montgomery saw single family housing sales of 186 homes which is 28% higher than the previous year. Pricing averages however, went down for the second straight year with a 7% decrease in the average sale price. The lower end of the market saw the biggest increase in number of sales. Higher priced home sales over $300,000 were up about 25%.
Buyers will continue to enjoy a housing market with low prices that provide such great value. Homes in this price range are more affordable than ever. We have found that more buyers are able to purchase a home rather than rent. Sellers are smart to put their homes on the market now as inventory is down a bit from last year. Giving buyers less of a choice highlights your home. 186 homes sold in Montgomery during 2015. This is the year to sell your home.
- Median sale price of these homes were $176,000
- Average sales price was $187,785 spending approximately 137 Days on Market.
- The most expensive home sold was at $585,000
- The least expensive home sold was $19,000
- 43 Homes sold between $150,000 and $199,000
- 32 Homes sold between 200,000 and $249,000
- 18 Homes sold between 250,000 and $300,000
- 19 Homes sold between $300,000 and $399,000
- 5 Homes sold over the $400,000 price point
- 16 Homes were new construction ranging from $260,000 to $470,000.
- 164 current listings of single family homes for sale in Montgomery
- 22 homes in Montgomery are currently under contract
- the absorption rate for the Montgomery as of December 31, 2015 is at 10.58 months of inventory.
Four years of average sale prices in Montgomery shows a trend. Pricing is not going up but sales are happening. We provide a great deal of value to the Orange County NY Housing market.
- 2012 – 139 Homes Sold – Average Price $225,172
- 2013 – 148 Homes Sold – Average Price – $221,854
- 2014 – 145 Homes Sold – Average Price – $202,985
- 2015 – 186 Homes Sold – Average Price – $187,077
Buyers are looking every day to see what is new, exciting and available on the market. Interest rates still work but as we see a the trend of rates go higher the values will decrease. Buying power matters when deciding what home to buy. Base your purchase of price of the home, interest rates, taxes and maintenance.
December 2015 Monthly Total Sales
- A total of 15 single family homes sold
- Average sale price in December was $217,073
- Prices ranged from $19,900 to $470,288
- 22 homes were under contract in Montgomery NY as of December 31st 2015
All the statistics on Montgomery NY home sales are of both the Town and Village of Montgomery NY. A community in Orange County NY, Montgomery is a great commuter location. Only 63 miles north of NYC. Monticello NY is only 29 miles away. Our location near 17K and I87 provides for an easy commute. If you are looking to find a home in Orange County NY, consider Montgomery with its rolling meadows and a variety of homes. We are a very affordable place to call home. If you are looking to sell your Montgomery NY home call for a FREE Comparative Market Analysis today.
All Town of Montgomery NY Active Listings
This advertisement does not suggest that the broker has a listing in this property or properties or that any property is currently available. page one of HGMLS active listings for Montgomery NY.Search All Montgomery NY Homes for Sale
What Homes SOLD in Montgomery NY 2015?
published by: your real estate expert Janis Borgueta Key Properties of the Hudson Valley as a community service in Newburgh NY. To receive more real estate information please subscribe to this blog. Looking to buy a new home? Search the MLS for homes in the Hudson Valley. You can contact Janis at (845)-527-7115 or find her on Google+
Statistics represent single family homes for sale in Montgomery NY (source HGAR ). Information is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.