Current Housing Market Conditions
Town of Newburgh NY Housing Market Report – May 2014 Update
Springtime in the Town of Newburgh brought new sellers to the housing market. Another 58 new listings are available for a buyer to consider. While buyers are out in full force, there are more listings than buyers right now. That means choices for buyers to tour. Days on market are over four months and our buyers do take their time. New construction homes are competing with resales for many of those looking to purchase. As a seller, making sure your home is in tip top condition when putting it on the market, can lift you above the rest. Homes that have curb appeal, are clean and tidy and with little and no major repairs needed, are sure to win the hearts of those looking to buy.
Current info on the Town of Newburgh NY Home Sales:
- There are 260 single family homes for sale
- 7 properties in May were under the status of Bank Owned
- 58 new listings came on the market in May ( three new Bank Owned Properties)
- The average list price was $328,338 ranging from $69,900 to $4,500,000
- There are 49 homes currently under contract. 18 of those homes went under contract in May
- In May the Town of Newburgh had 14 properties transfer title to sold status.
- The average sold price was $ 222,644 spending an average of 168 days on the market.and ranged from $79,,000 to $480,000
- In the last twelve months there were 208 closed sales with an average sold price of $233,593 spending an average of 138 days on the market. The majority of our inventory sold between $200K and $300K.
- The Town of Newburgh NY home absorption rate is at a 15 month supply.
Number of Historic Sales x Price Range January 1 st to May 31st 2014
Knowing what is selling in your neighborhood is important when making personal decisions about your home and financial future. Never assume what you see online from the big companies about the value of your home. Those are computer generated numbers and even they proclaim to be right only 60% of the time. Seems to me that you would want a more accurate number than that. Neighbors can list their homes and that info would be easily visible online. Finding out what the true sale price is takes a bit more research than that. We can provide that information and more for you with our FREE comparative market analysis.
Search All Town Of Newburgh NY Active Listings
Town Of Newburgh NY
Real Estate Market Report May 2014
Resources for additional information on the Town of Newburgh NY
More reading on the Town of Newburgh NY:
- Town of Newburgh NY Website
- Great Newburgh Enlarged City School District
- Newburgh Library
- A Bit of History of the Town of Newburgh NY
I hope you enjoyed reading this article. If you would like to receive more information please subscribe to my blog. No Spam No hassles, just info on local housing. Looking to buy a new home? Search the MLS for New Homes in the Hudson Valley. Feel free to contact me anytime at (845)-527-7115 or come visit me on Google+ Statistics represent single family homes for sale in Newburgh NY (source HGMLS ). Information is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.