Current Housing Market Conditions
Update – September 7th, 2013
Town of Newburgh NY Real Estate Market Report
The Town of Newburgh NY home absorption rate is at a 16.3 month supply. This is up from July. The price of our current inventory is dominated between the $200 to $300K price point. Thirty six of our active listings are in “short sale” status. The market seems to have slowed a bit in August with no real explanation. We are seeing buyers out looking and making offers on homes in the Town of Newburgh. While interest rates are beginning to creep up many buyers are looking to make their purchase now as we are in a buyers market.
- There are 251 single family homes currently on the market (30 new listings in August)
- The average list price was $288,000, down from $294,000 in July. Prices were ranging from $77,400 to $989,000
- There are 60 homes currently under contract with the median list price of $227,000
- In August the Town of Newburgh had 15 sold properties (down from 21 in July)
- The average sold price was $ 217,800 spending an average of 167 days on the market. This monthThere were 12 homes that sold under the $250K price point with the most expensive sale this month only at $305K, which is much lower than it has been in the last few months.
- Year to date there have been 129 closed sales with an average sold price of $ $252,000 spending an average of 148 days on the market.
If you are looking to buy or sell a home it is important to understand the current market. Check back for info on and stay in touch with changes in the market. When you are ready give me a call to set up an appointment and go over the info with you. An informed buyer or seller is one that is able to make the best decisions. Your home is the most expensive purchase you will ever make. You want to get it right the first time.
Town Of Newburgh NY Active Listings
SEARCH for your next home….Search Town of Newburgh NY Homes for Sale
Town Of Newburgh NY
Real Estate Market Report August 2013
published by: Janis Borgueta Key Properties of the Hudson Valley in Newburgh NY. Her blog is about living, working and Real Estate in The Hudson Valley. Information here is a community service to the public. Please subscribe to this blog. When you are looking to buy a new home, Search the MLS for New Homes in Newburgh NY. You can contact Janis at (845)-527-7115 or find her on Google+
Statistics represent single family homes for sale in Newburgh NY (source GHVMLS ). Information is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.