What is My Town of Newburgh NY Home Worth?
Town of Newburgh NY Housing Market Update January 2015
Home Values for the Town of Newburgh NY January 2015
The Town of Newburgh NY housing market continues to move forward in this buyers market. Our inventory is at the lowest it has been since May of 2011! Good news for sellers looking to put their home on the market with less competition. Pricing continues to remain consistent with a what a buyer is willing and able to spend. The most popular price point of a home disappearing quickly is between $200,000 to $300,000. 10 of our 18 homes that sold last month fell into that category. Our buyer pool is finding that there are not as many choices when it comes to looking at homes now. Many are ready and qualified, but are waiting for our spring surge. While we have no idea what will show up tomorrow, we have not seen a huge amount of new homes enter the market.
Current info on the Town of Newburgh NY Home Sales
- There are 190 single family homes for sale – steady decrease over the last four months.
- 21 new listings came on the market in January
- The average list price was $323,800 ranging from $29,900 to $2,995,000
- There are 39 homes currently under contract. 8 of those homes went under contract in January
- 18 properties transferred title in January, compared to last January with only 14 Sold homes
- The average sold price was $ 231,201
- The least expensive property sold was $118,000
- The most expensive property sold was $537,125
- One new construction home sold in January 2015
- The average number of days on the market was 157 days on the market.
- One home sold was bank owned.
- The majority of our inventory sold between $250K and $300K range for the month of January
- The Town of Newburgh has 11.29 months of inventory and remains in a buyers market.
Pricing of SOLD Single Family Homes for January 2015
Winter is always a slower time of year, but there are buyers out there. Since the phones have been busy with buyers and sellers, I am expecting the number of listings to increase soon as well as more buyers out looking. I have been out with clients in the snow that just are not willing to wait until spring. They are ready today and want to be in their home when schools is out for the season. The trend is to see more homes enter the market in late March and April, so beating out the competition takes a bit more to get a home recognized. Proper pricing shows value and a home in good condition, staged properly and marketed well gets buyers in to see a home and make an offer.
Is it time to sell your home? A local real estate salesperson is what you need to discuss the current values. Details about your neighborhood are best when your local agent lives and works in the same community. Knowledge is power in the real estate market and making sure the numbers are right can save you a ton of cash when buying or selling. While I can’t change what the numbers are, I can inform you best on what to expect and how to move forward in a challenging market. Call for more info, or send me an email now. email@example.com and 845-527-7115 is my direct line.
What’s My Town of Newburgh NY Home Worth in January 2015?
Info on the Town of Newburgh NY:
- Town of Newburgh NY Website
- Past Real Estate Market History for the Town of Newburgh NY
- Great Newburgh Enlarged City School District
- Newburgh Library
- A Bit of History of the Town of Newburgh NY
Want to learn more? I write local market updates every month. Please feel free to read and share. If you would like to receive more information please subscribe to my blog. No Spam No hassles, just info on local housing. Looking to buy a new home? Search the MLS for New Homes in the Hudson Valley. Feel free to contact me anytime at (845)-527-7115 or come visit me on Google+ Statistics represent single family homes for sale in Newburgh NY (source HGMLS ). Information is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.
Town of Newburgh Map [map id=”3″]
This advertisement does not suggest that the broker has a listing in this property or properties or that any property is currently available See what homes are currently on the market in the town of Newburgh NY