Living in Newburgh NY – A Great Place to Be!
Sharing great reasons to live in the Hudson Valley is easy. Figuring out the top ten, is more than a bit of a challenge. There are so many things to do and see, that something great will not make it to the list. This top ten is only a brief introduction. Newburgh and the surrounding areas are the gateway to the Hudson Valley with a plethora of things to do. Take a look around and see what we have to offer those that relocate to our communities. My list only has 9 reasons. I left off number 10 so that you can fill it in with your favorite! Don’t have one yet? Visit us soon, and let us know what you think.
I’m waiting to see what your NUMBER 10 will be!
1. An Easy Commute to NYC. Metro North provides a one seat ride from Beacon NY directly into Grand Central Station. During express hours the train ride takes as little as 68 minutes. Convenient in proximity to Newburgh, the Beacon Station has a ferry boat ride from the Newburgh Waterfront and parking there is free. Info on their website gives you detailed train schedules and parking options. Whether you live in Newburgh or the surrounding towns, this is a great option.
2. Our Schools … students living in Newburgh NY can be in four different districts. In the city, students attend The Newburgh Enlarged City School District. Those in the town have the possibility of being in four different districts: Newburgh Schools, Wallkill School District, Valley Central, and the Marlboro School District. After graduation of high school the learning goes on. We have classes Mt. Saint Mary College, and SUNY- Orange right here in Newburgh.
3. Newburgh is both a City and a Town. Separate municipalities but still they share many great features. Located on the banks of the Hudson River the scenery is amazing. Each location has its benefits, along with other surrounding towns. The Newburgh Historic District is popular with over 4000 buildings and homes of interest. The architectureis amazing and of quite the varied and eclectic nature. Many homes have been updated and are lived in today featuring all modern conveniences, still keeping the true beauty of when they were built.. and did i say? views of the Hudson River.
4. Yes, a small town with Culture… There are many cultural events around. The Newburgh Symphony, the Ritz Theater, Railway Playhouse and the Newburgh Actors Studio to name a few. Mt. Saint Mary College also hosts many events and subscriptions are available. We may not be Manhattan, but we still love our cultural events. Don’t be mislead either, we have some truly talented people living in the area and calling Newburgh NY their home too.
5. Things for the kids to do.. After school programs that include sports, yoga, crew, debate, music, theater, dance and just about anything you can think of. Many children attend private lessons for karate, gymnastics and music. Chadwick Lake & Park has a playground, boating and a skating rink for the winter. The library has weekend events and there seems to always be a festival in the area, especially in the parks, or down near the waterfront. There is always something for everyone to do.
6. The Newburgh Waterfront – has experienced a major revival over the last few years. Stroll down the main street and enjoy dining at one of the manyrestaurants. Need a facial? there are two spas to choose from. Looking for a movie theater that is a bit different? In the Yellow Bird building you will find the Downing Theater, Newburgh’s own Indie Theater. I can tell you, that it has the best popcorn ever!
6. Contrary to Manhattan Real Estate, in Newburgh, we have a Multiple Listing Service (MLS), so ONE realtor can show you all of the listings in the MLS. Begin your search and find your dream home. Real estate in the area is a great value. Many new buyers are relocating from Brooklyn, but we have buyers that are moving here to be near family, friends and NYC. Value is key and when wanting that central location we meet that need. Close to I 84 I 87 and Stewart International Airport make us a fabulous location for buying a home. Oh, I don’t think I mentioned the waterfront properties we have. The Hudson River waterfront properties are amazing with price tags that range from $110K and up. Million dollar views without that crazy price tags of home closer to NYC. Just ask me where they are. You won’t be disappointed.
7. Want to just wander around our area? A GPS in either your car or phone will help you to navigate around the area. You can drive around and easily get acquainted with my home town. Local farms, apple orchards, vineyards and not to mention lakes and parks will keep you entertained.
8. Chadwick Lake Park is always a great place to bring the kids. Nature walks around the lake and swings for the younger children make this a popular location. Don’t forget Algonquin Park for sports and tennis. Festivals of all sorts during the summer months can be found at this great park. Historical sites in town include George Washington’s Headquarters, and the Gomez Mill House.
9. We have a variety of great restaurants! The list never ends, and there is something for everyone. Italian, Mexican, Ecuadorian, Peruvian, Japanese and more. Newburghians take dining seriously and we do love to eat!
Number 10… last but not least! Now it’s your turn…. I welcome your comments! I’ve shared mine with you, please share yours with me. As you may have guessed, I love my hometown. If you already live here you already know why. Newburgh, NY and the Hudson Valley is a great place to live, work and play. This list could go on and on as there are some really great reasons why we are such a great location. Please comment here and tell me what your favorite thing about living in Newburgh NY.
published by: your real estate expert Janis Borgueta Key Properties of the Hudson Valley as a community service in Newburgh NY. To receive more real estate information please subscribe to this blog. Looking to buy a new home? Search the MLS for Homes in the Hudson Valley. You can contact Janis at (845)-527-7115 or find her on Google+