My Top Five Hudson Valley Favorites
The Hudson Valley is known to have a plethora of restaurants. After all, we are home to the CIA – Culinary Institute of America, in Hyde Park NY. Many CIA grads have remained in the Hudson Valley and opened some rather amazing restaurants in our area. While my favorite chefs are not all CIA grads, I think that my choices are pretty delicious places to eat.
My choices reflect a variety of restaurants from Thai to Pancakes on the Farm. Good food and great ambiance a favorite and an occasional upscale special treat is always a plus. My husband and I don’t always agree on where to go, but we do enjoy eating out often and do take turns with our favorites. I am a vegetarian, so all are “veggie friendly”. It is always great to see new restaurants open with a good vegetarian option in mind.
My Top Five Restaurants in the Hudson Valley are:
5. Golden Budha Enjoy an extensive menu of Thai cuisine prepared by authentic Thai chefs. My husband loves the Tilapia, and my favorite is the vegetarian duck. Exquisitely prepared and always busy. 845-765-1055, 985 Main Street,Fishkill NY
4. Blooming Hill Farm – Some foods taste better outside… and pancakes and eggs on the farm is no exception! Brunch is served on Saturday and Sundays only and closed in the winter. AMAZING blueberry pancakes along with an assortment of omelets and great coffee. Dining is outside near the barn and by a stream frequented by a frog or two… and usually a few of the children jump in. Come early as it gets busy, but worth the wait! After breakfast join the CSA for fresh veggies. 845-782-7310 1251 Route 208 in Blooming Grove NY.
3. Capri – A recent change of venue, Capri is no longer in the City of Newburgh. A short distance away from the old location, the restaurant now has a larger, nicer dining room and a bar that is rather comfy. The Newburgh area has many Italian restaurants, but Capri has always been a family favorite. Although we prefer to sit at the bar and schmooze with the owner and locals, it has a main dining room. We have been eating here since my girls were almost babies. When they come home to visit… Capri is always on the list. Great pizza and pasta, and my daughters favorite- Eggplant Parmigiana. 410 Broadway, Newburgh, NY 845-562-2170.
2. Tanjore – An Indian restaurant in the heart of Fishkill. If you like Indian food, this is the place to go in the Hudson Valley. They are known for their lunch buffet that is a great opportunity to experience a variety of Indian Cuisine. It is no surprise that they have been voted “Best of the Hudson Valley”. 992 Main Street Plaza, Fishkill, NY
Last but certainly NOT least at the top of my list…
1. Pure City A unique Asian restaurant in Pine Bush. A truly vegetarian restaurant that leaves many meat eaters amazed. I have no idea how they do it, but they could fool most anyone. A family owned and run restaurant that aims to please. They are proud to serve their “healthy vegetarian” choices. 100 Main Street, Pine Bush, NY 12566 (845) 744-8888
Janis Borgueta is a Realtor in Newburgh NY. Her blog is about living, working and Real Estate in The Hudson Valley. If you would like more information about Real Estate in Newburgh NY and Living in the Hudson Valley, please subscribe to this blog. When you are looking to buy a new home….Search the MLS for New Homes in Newburgh NY