Tips on buying a home in the Hudson Valley
- Looking at homes for sale can be fun. You have found the place you want to call home and you are ready. You did all the homework needed and you want to put in an offer on a home. You need to know what to expect next.
- You submit an offer to purchase. The offer can be accepted or rejected by the owner. Negotiations can take place at this level between buyers and sellers until an agreement is reached. It is good to have a Realtor with experience when it comes to negotiations.
- Once the offer is accepted, the buyer will do a home inspection. Find a licensed inspector. Your agent should be able to give you the names of a few in the area that can help. This service is done with you contracting the inspector directly and paying upfront for the service at the time of the inspection. During this time the home has an “accepted offer”, but still no contracts.
- Once the home gets past the home inspection process and all issues are resolved contracts are sent out from the attorney of the seller to the attorney of the buyer. Any conditions of the sale will be included in the contracts.
- At this time, the buyers meet with their attorney to review all the details of the contracts, making sure that any conditions are included. At this time the buyer then signs the contracts and puts a down payment on the home. It is at this time that the contract is binding.
- The home is now placed in the status of “under contract” in the Multiple Listing Service. The process then continues with the buyer obtaining a mortgage. You now start the application of your Mortgage process. You work directly with the bank. Choosing a local bank can be big help as they work more directly with you and your agent.
- Once the finances, appraisal, title, insurance and any contingencies are in order then a closing is scheduled.
These are the basics of getting the process underway when purchasing your next home. As your Realtor my job is to guide you through the steps and help you along the way. Keeping a clear path to the finish lines avoids problems and allows for a smooth and event free closing. Things do happen even with the simplest deals. This is when a realtor with experience can help. Communicating with all parties during the process while knowing the steps to follow can make things work best. In the end I am happy when my buyers are happy at the closing table and receiving the keys to their new home.
Want to get started? Call 845-527-7115 or email me now!
Steps to Buying a Newburgh NY Home
published by: Janis Borgueta Key Properties of the Hudson Valley in Newburgh NY. Her blog is about living, working and Real Estate in The Hudson Valley. Information here is a community service to the public. Please subscribe to this blog. When you are looking to buy a new home, Search the MLS for New Homes in Newburgh NY. You can contact Janis at (845)-527-7115 or find her on Google+