What Homes Are Selling in Rockland County, NY?
The 3rd Quarter Housing Market Stats are in, and they tell us that inventory is down and the number of homes sold continues to rise. SOLD homes are up slightly over 12% from last year during the same time period. Demand remains strong with buyers hunting for that place to call home. More importantly to note is the pricing. Compared to last year at this time the average sale is 2.5% lower and the median sale price is down 0.9%. While demand is strong, increases in pricing are just not able to move up. All indications tell us that pricing will continue to stay relatively flat. While sellers may not be happy about this, buyers are constantly checking inventory to find a new listing. While they won’t over pay for a home, informed buyers know value and jump on a great home as soon as it hits the market.
The information below is for the last three months of single family home sales.
- The 3rd Quarter of 2016 boasts 679 sold single family homes, up 12.6% from last year during the 3rd Q
- The average sale price of a home during the third quarter $454,566 down 2.5%
- The median sale price in the 3rdQ was $429,000 down 0,9% for single family Rockland County, NY homes.
- The average days on market was 83 days down 5.7%
- the lowest priced sold home was $80,000
- the highest sold home was at $3,500,000
- Our current inventory of single family homes is a 6 month supply with 1150 homes for sale down 16.3 percent
- The most popular price point of homes is $450,000 and under for a single family home.
All data is from the Hudson Gateway Association of REALTORS® MLS. Report © 2016 ShowingTime
- The lowest price single family home is currently listed at $84,000
- The highest price single family home is currently listed at $6,900,000
- The current inventory is 768 of single family homes, down approximately 7.4% from same time last year
Rockland County, NY has many homes that are available now. You can search here for all the newest listing available. Search by location, school district, price, number of bedrooms and more. Let’s set up a search and get you started now.
Rockland County, NY ~ 3Q Housing Market Update 2016
Rockland County, NY homes for sale. Search the local MLS like I do.
Check out all the newest listings here
Begin your search for a home in Rockland County now. I’d be happy to set up a custom search just for you. See something you like? Make sure to call today.
This advertisement does not suggest that the broker has a listing in this property or properties or that any property is currently available
If you or a family member is looking to sell your home give me a call. We have buyers waiting to find their dream home. Let’s talk more about what your home is worth in the market today and see if it is the right time for you to sell. Knowledge is power and knowing the current value of your home is a great thing for your personal financial health.
Search Homes for Sale in Rockland County Towns, Hamlets, Cities and Villages:
Map of Rockland County, NY
Read more about Rockland County on their Community Page. Find out about the local resources available. Please let me know if you need any additional information on the area and I’ll be glad to help.
Take a look at Rockland County Homes with views of the Hudson River!
You won’t be disappointed.