Year End Housing Sales 2015 Cornwall NY
The 2015 numbers are in for the Cornwall NY single family home sales. Home sales in Cornwall are up 34% this year compared to last. A dramatic increase in sales of homes in not only the lower end of the market, but also in the higher price points. Pricing averages are lower, but higher end homes are selling and in demand. Only 5 short sales closed for the entire year, which is great news. Our absorption rate is down this year to 7.03 months. Lower inventory means pricing can start to increase. This is great news for sellers as there is much less competition for their home to sell. Buyers may have to wait until the spring rush if inventory doesn’t start to increase, or worse, find another location to buy a home.
- 128 homes sold in Cornwall for 2015 (up from 95 in 2014)
- Median sale price of these homes were $279,999 ($290.000 in 2014) with 139 Days on Market
- Average sales price was $299,800 ($306,595 in 2014) spending approximately 98 Days on Market.
- The most expensive home sold was at $1,750,000
- The least expensive home sold was $44,000
- 32 homes sold below $200,000
- 24 homes sold between $200,000 to $249,000
- 13 homes sold between 250,000 and $300,000
- 35 homes sold between 300,000 and $400,000
- 17 homes sold between $400,000 and $500,000
- 7 homes sold Over $500,000
- 5 homes were in the short sale or bank owned status for 2015 that transferred title
- Current number of homes for sale in Cornwall NY is 75 Active homes
- 24 homes in Cornwall are currently under contract
- the absorption rate for the Cornwall as of December 31, 2015 is at 7.03 months of inventory.
Pricing of the last few years seems to fluctuate. I believe it is because of the various types of homes and price ranges available. We saw more sales this year and a higher end market is a factor of what is selling. Homes over $350,000 were many, and we saw that range to the $1,750,000 price point. The higher end homes had not been selling as well, but that has changed a bit. Our buyers continue wanting these upscale properties known for value compared to similar homes that are south of Cornwall. The location, and pricing works and our buyers are moving forward and moving into the community.
- 2011 – 76 Homes Sold – Average Price – $313,959
- 2012 – 78 Homes Sold – Average Price – $259,921
- 2013 – 124 Homes Sold – Average Price – $291,135
- 2014 – 95 Homes Sold – Average Price – $306,595
- 2015 – 128 Homes Sold- Average Price – $299,800
2016 is poised to be a great year. We already have 24 homes under contract. We will definitely need more listings to enter the market. The warm weather helped keep things moving all of December. Hopefully the number of homes that enter the market will increase soon and buyers will again have more choices. Cornwall is a popular place to live and many buyers are anxious to move in.
December 2015 Monthly Breakdown of Sales
- A total of 12 single family homes sold (compared to December of 2015 having 6)
- Average price was $268,450
- Average home spent 168 Days on the market
- Most expensive home sold was $422,400
- The least expensive home sold was $120,00
- 75 Homes are currently listed
- 24 homes are currently under contract.
December 2015 doubled the number of sales compared to last year. (Be sure to read our market report for 2014) Our small inventory will keep our buyers from having choices. If you are looking to sell your home in Cornwall, we have buyers looking now. Some are waiting for a home to enter the market while others move on to surrounding towns. Be sure to get your home listed soon before the spring surge. Serious buyers come out in the cold and brave the snow for the perfect home.
This market report is a complete summary for the Town of Cornwall and Village of Cornwall NY. The village is known for its historic architecture and amazing Hudson River view homes. Cornwall is located 60 miles north of New York City and remains a popular location for commuters.
Search the MLS – ACTIVE Listing in Cornwall on Hudson Homes for Sale This advertisement does not suggest that the broker has a listing in this property or properties or that any property is currently available Page One
Past sales history is helpful when either buying or selling a home. It gives you a better perspective of what prices you can expect. Knowledge is power when pricing a home or making an offer. Let me know when you are ready, or if you just want to discuss your future needs. I am your local real estate agent that is ready to guide you every step of the way.
What Homes SOLD in Cornwall NY 2015?
published by: your real estate expert Janis Borgueta Key Properties of the Hudson Valley as a community service in Newburgh NY. To receive more real estate information please subscribe to this blog. Looking to buy a new home? Search the MLS for Homes in the Hudson Valley. You can contact Janis at (845)-527-7115 or find her on Google+
Statistics represent single family homes for sale in Cornwall NY (source HGAR ). Information is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.