2016 Year End Housing Sales for Putnam County, NY
Your 2016 Comprehensive Real Estate Market Analysis for Putnam County, NY Home Sales
Just how well did Putnam County, NY home sales do?
Putnam County, NY saw some great movement in the housing market. Single family home sales were up over 20% this year. This is consistent with an upward trend over the last three years of homes sales for the county. Housing prices remain consistent over the last few years. Inching their way up, homes in good condition and well taken care of are making progress. Older homes that are either short sales or foreclosures are pulling down the numbers. While they are selling at fair market value, pricing is reflected into the numbers pulling down the averages. We did see the higher end homes pull ahead this year in number of sales that balance the lower end of the spectrum.
- 1088 Sold Single Family Homes in 2016
- Median sale price of these homes were $325,000
- Average sales price was $362,000 spending approximately 79 days on the market.
- The most expensive home sold was at $4,240,000
- The least expensive home sold was $30,000
- 95 homes sold between $150,000 to $200,000
- 102 homes sold between $200,000 to $249,000
- 161 homes sold between $250,000 and $300,000
- 370 homes sold between $250K to $400,000
- 25 homes were new construction homes were sold
- 16 homes sold over $1,000,000
- 64 of the sold homes were in the short-sale status for 2016 that transferred title up 30% from last year
- 114 were bank owned sold homes which is up 40% from last year.
- The absorption rate is now at 5.3 months of inventory which is falling from last year.
The information below is for the last three months of single family home sales.
- The 4rd Quarter of 2016 boasts 288 sold single family homes
- The average sale price of a home during the 4th quarter $348,000 down 3.3%
- The median sale price in the 4th Q was $317,000 for a single family Putnam County, NY home down 0.9%
- The average days on market was 71days
- The highest price home sold during this time was $5,000,000
- The lowest home sale was $32,000
- Our current inventory of single family homes is a 5.7 month supply.
- The most popular price point of a single home remains under $450,000
Buyers did see multiple offers this year for mid range homes in Putnam County. Putting in a full price offer is not unheard of in this market. As inventory has fallen, the perfect home does not always show up at the right time. Knowing when a full price offer is appropriate is helpful. Your real estate agent can advise you to fair market value of a home. Losing out on a home for a few thousand dollars can be major loss. Buying a home requires you to fall in love with a house. Finding another match can be hard to do when inventory is low. Talk to your agent and review comps on any property you see. Knowing when the numbers make sense is key to winning a multi offer situation.
Recent sales in Putnam County New York vary a good deal in pricing.
- The lowest price single family home is listed at $39,900
- The highest price single family home is listed at $4,750,000
- The current inventory is 440 of single family homes
If you are looking to buy or sell a home in Putnam County, NY let’s talk. The newest listings of homes in Putnam County are found on this website. This search includes all single family properties on the HGMLS that are currently listed for sale, Please let me know what questions you have about the inventory, the process, or how to properly price your home to sell. I’m happy to help.
Putnam County, NY homes for sale. Search the local MLS now
Looking to sell your home today? Let’s make it happen!
Check out all the newest listings here.
This advertisement does not suggest that the broker has a listing in this property or properties or that any property is currently available.
Search Homes for Sale in Putnam County Towns, Hamlets, Cities and Villages:
Map of Putnam County, NY
Don’t miss our Homes on the Hudson River! Contact me now and I’ll search for you dream home.