Current Housing Market Conditions
Update – April 28th 2014
New Windsor NY Market Report
The New Windsor NY housing market saw more activity than the previous two months. Seems that with a tiny drop of occasional warm air the buyers made it to the finish line and committed to become homeowners.
Sellers have also been busy too. They spent the winter getting things ready to list their home on the market. New homes entering the market were up from last year a bit. It was expected as the winter was so cold and miserable many waited for the thaw to begin before listing. Now that we are finally past the snow and ice, I hope, new homes are coming on the market. This is giving buyers some new choices and options if they are ready to purchase.
Pricing is key when buying and selling. Buyers want the best price they can manage in a market with many choices. Sellers want top dollar for their home now on the market. Knowing what is selling and for home much puts a realistic picture of what “fair market value” will allow for a home purchase. If you are looking for answers, this Hudson Valley REALTOR can help. Take a look at what was happening in the month of March 2014.
This is the current housing data for the March 2014 Housing Market in New Windsor NY
- There are 143 single family homes currently on the market.
- We had 29 new listings come on the market for the month of March compared to February with 18
- The average list price is $295,029 (ranging from $90,000 to $849,900).
- There are 26 homes currently under contract with 8 of those dating in March
- In the month of March 2014 there were 12 homes that transferred title compared to 10 last year for the same month.
- The average selling price in March was $221,098. Home sales ranged from $153,009 to $390,999
- These homes were spending an average of 85 days on the market
- In the last twelve months there were 145 closed sales with an average sold price of $219,338 spending an average of 103 days on the market.
The number of homes that remain on the market is consistent from last year at this time. We have 11.2 months of inventory of homes for sale. Many factors apply and one month does not make a trend. As we are over the winter dip, we look forward to a more active spring of buyers purchasing New Windsor NY homes.
If you are looking to purchase a home or sell your existing home be sure to contact a Real Estate Agent that knows the local New Windsor NY market. I would be happy to meet with you and discuss any and all your concerns. Call to schedule your FREE Comparative Market Analysis today. Not knowing what the market is doing can cost you money. Feel free to visit my website any time to read these monthly reports about what is selling in New Windsor NY and the area.
Search for Active MLS Listings
- Properties for Sale in New Windsor, NY Between $100,000 – $200,000
- Properties for Sale in New Windsor, NY Between $200,000 – $300,000
- Properties for Sale in New Windsor, NY Between $300,000 – $400,000
- Properties for Sale in New Windsor, NY Between $400,000 – $500,000
- Properties for Sale in New Windsor, NY Between $500,000 – $600,000
- Properties for Sale in New Windsor, NY Between $600,000 – $700,000
- Properties for Sale in New Windsor, NY Between $800,000 – $900,000