Current Housing Market Conditions
New Windsor NY Housing Market Report – August 2014 Update
The inventory of New Windsor homes remains consistent. Fewer homes transferred title again for the second month in a row. Pricing would seem to be lower for the month, but the summer showed a few homes in the higher price ranges that transferred title. The averages for the last year remain consistent though in pricing. One high priced home can change how the numbers are reflected for a single month. Seems that the mid range of $200 to $300K homes are what our buyers are looking for. Mostly FHA loans in this market means that pricing needs to be on target for our buyers to get their financing. First time home buyers are happy to move to the area and find some great value in the Hudson Valley.
This is the current housing data for the August 2014 Housing Market in New Windsor NY
- Active listings are at 176 from 172 last month of single family homes currently on the market.
- New listings for August were 24
- There are 31 under contract with 17 new contracts signed for the month of August.
- August 2014 saw only 10 homes sold homes in New Windsor NY down from 16 in July.
- The average selling price in August $228,400. Sale prices ranged from $63,500 to $372,500
- These homes were spending an average of 77 days on the market
- In the last twelve months there were 137 closed sales with an average sold price of $242,294 spending an average of 112 days on the market. Prices ranged from $50,000 to $785,000.
- New Windsor has 15.43 months inventory of single family homes.
We are still in a sellers market as buyers find their place to call home. My buyers are relocating from the Bronx and Queens, or just finding that the Hudson Valley is a great place to retire and stay close to family. The statistics show that a list to sell price ranges from 92 to 98 % of the asking price. Spending only 77 days on the market is not the norm for New Windsor, but is a welcome change from over four to five months minimum for those looking to sell their home.
New Windsor homes for sale create many options. We have waterfront, homes with mountain views, condos, townhomes and single family homes. If you are looking to sell your home, it is important to get all the details of the local market. Knowing what you neighbors home listed for is not enough information. To properly price your home you will need to know what has sold in the area, what is for sale, what those prices are, and what the differences are between your home and others like it in the area. A lot of information to sift through and finding the right agent to help can be the answer. If you would like additional information on homes for sale in the area, or a FREE comparative market analysis on your home give me call. I would be happy to explain these market reports and more importantly how they compare to your home.
New Windsor NY Real Estate Market Report August 2014
Learn About All Active MLS Listings in New Windsor NY
This Search is for ALL New Construction Homes in New Windsor NY
This advertisement does not suggest that the broker has a listing in this property or properties or that any property is currently available
- Properties for Sale in New Windsor, NY Between $200,000 – $300,000
- Properties for Sale in New Windsor, NY Between $300,000 – $400,000
- Properties for Sale in New Windsor, NY Between $400,000 – $500,000
- Properties for Sale in New Windsor, NY Between $500,000 – $600,000
- Properties for Sale in New Windsor, NY Between $600,000 – $700,000
- Properties for Sale in New Windsor, NY Between $800,000 – $900,000