Housing Market Sales 2014 in New Windsor NY
What homes SOLD last year in New Windsor NY?
New Windsor Year End Housing Market Update for 2014
The housing market for New Windsor NY has some great news to share. It may be cold outside, but our housing the housing in New Windsor is warming up! Our home sales continued to grow, but more importantly our pricing has increased over 8% compared to last year. Inventory keeps shrinking and while great for sellers, buyers should be a bit more concerned. While increased pricing is not what every seller will see, it is a good indication that the market is seeing a push upward. Pricing has jumped this year in spite of the fact that a good number of properties are under $300,000. Short sales and bank owned properties remain part of our inventory, but those numbers are falling, and clearing out the market. As more homes are sold we are hopeful that the pricing becomes more stable this year.
- 147 homes sold in New Windsor for the year 2014 which is a two home increase over last year.
- Median sale price of these homes were $231,250 staying 89 Days on Market
- Average sales price was $245,307 spending approximately 150 Days on Market.
- The most expensive home sold was at $785,000
- The least expensive home sold was $25,000
- 14 Homes Sold between $350,000 and $450,000
- 15 Homes sold between $300,000 and $350,000
- 26 homes sold between $250,000 and $300,000
- 31 homes sold between $200,000 to $249,000 which was the most popular price point
- 28 homes sold between 150,000 and 200,000 the second largest price of homes
- 25 homes sold under $150,000
- 8 homes sold over $450,000 for the entire year making this a great time for higher end properties
- 8 homes were bank owned status for 2014 that transferred title
- 31 homes are currently under contract
Inventory is down and new construction homes were popular in 2014. We had 13 new homes that were sold this year that competed with resales for buyers. Shiny and new wins frequently if the buyers are able to find one at their price point. While new homes compete with resales, they are usually at a more expensive price point with great value.
The New Windsor inventory of homes continues to decrease in the current single family housing market. Only 7 homes were listed during the entire month of December. Value remains our strongest reason for buyers moving into the area. Rents continue to be difficult to find and don’t provide the lifestyle that many of our buyers are looking for. Continue to watch for homes with great value enter the market and leave more quickly in the next few months.
- 2011 – 122 Homes Sold – Average Price – $257,600
- 2012 – 124 Homes Sold – Average Price – $239,897
- 2013 – 145 Homes Sold – Average Price – $225,313
- 2014 – 147 Homes Sold – Average Price – $245,367 – Great news for New Windsor NY!!
The new year has begun and the phones are already busy with buyers and sellers looking to see what the market has to offer this year. The time is now and the numbers can quickly change. We are looking for a busy year, with some prices moving forward. Many of our buyers can’t wait for spring and summer. If you are looking to sell your home in the next few months, the time to get it ready and listed is now. Call for updated info about your specific neighborhood and set up an appointment to get started.
December 2014 Monthly Breakdown of Sales
- A total of 19 single family homes sold same as last December
- Average price was $209,674
- Average home spent 135 Days on the market
- Most expensive home sold in December was $360,000
- The least expensive home sold in December was $70,000
- Current number of homes for sale is 133 down from 138 last year
- The absorption rate for the New Windsor as of December 31, 2014 is at 10.85 months of inventory
Year after year we see buyers come out looking for homes in January and February even in with the ice and snow. Sellers that wait miss those that may have jumped on those homes, only to find out that the spring inventory was much larger. More choices means more competition and negotiating power for buyers. No way should the season dictate when you sell or buy. Today is one day closer to your next home purchase.
Search the MLS for ACTIVE Listing in the New Windsor NY
- Properties for Sale in New Windsor, NY Between $100,000 – $200,000
- Properties for Sale in New Windsor, NY Between $200,000 – $300,000
- Properties for Sale in New Windsor, NY Between $300,000 – $400,000
- Properties for Sale in New Windsor, NY Between $400,000 – $500,000
- Properties for Sale in New Windsor, NY Between $500,000 – $600,000
- Properties for Sale in New Windsor, NY Between $600,000 – $700,000
- Properties for Sale in New Windsor, NY Between $800,000 – $900,000
- Properties for Sale in New Windsor, NY Between $1,000,000 – $1,100,000
Looking for New Construction Homes in New Windsor? Here is the list of active MLS homes available:
This advertisement does not suggest that the broker has a listing in this property or properties or that any property is currently available Page One
If you are looking to purchase or sell a home in the New Windsor NY I would be happy to discuss your real estate needs and show you how I can help. I am your local real estate agent that is ready to guide you every step of the way.
New Windsor NY 2014 Year End Market Report
published by: your real estate expert Janis Borgueta Key Properties of the Hudson Valley as a community service in Orange County, NY. To receive more real estate information please subscribe to this blog. Looking to buy a new home? Search the MLS for Homes in the Hudson Valley. You can contact Janis at (845)-527-7115 or find her on Google+
Statistics represent single family homes for sale in New Windsor NY (source HGMLS ). Information is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.