What is My Town of Newburgh NY Home Worth?
Town of Newburgh NY Housing Market Update April 2015
Home Values for Town of Newburgh NY
The April housing market for the Town of Newburgh saw a dramatic number of new listings enter the market. Over 40 new homes were listed and inventory is up. Consistent with past years the spring is a busy time for sellers to put their home on the market. No more snow, warm weather and blue skies are an encouraging reason for buyers to search for that place to call home.
Town of Newburgh NY Home Sales:
- There are 223 single family homes for sale – a slight increase of 8 listings
- 49 new listings came on the market in April – up from 32
- The average list price was $324,238 ranging from $45,900 to $1,650,000
- There are 57 homes currently under contract in Newburgh
- 25 new contracts in April of 2015
- 11 properties transferred title in April compared to March with 12 Sold homes
- The average sold price was $ 265,137
- The most expensive property sold was $428,003
- The least expensive property sold was $109,000
- 3 new construction homes sold in April 2015
- The average number of days on the market was 232
- The Town of Newburgh has 11.38 months of inventory remaining consistent with last month
- 214 homes were sold in the last 365 days
- Compare April 2014 Market Reports
Pricing of SOLD Single Family Homes for April 2015
Pricing remains rather consistent with the last few months. We have enough inventory at 11.38 months to still be considered a buyers market. I do get complaints from buyers that a good deal of the inventory is in need of repairs and not what they are looking for. Buyers continue to look for great deals and have been disappointed frequently with what is currently available. Turnkey homes are what is selling. Investors that are able to pick up homes that are deeply discounted have been flipping a few. These deals can be sweet as new buyers get a home that has already been renovated and the buyer does not need to make the repairs.
“Fair market value” is what a home will sell for. Banks and buyers know what a home is worth to them. I do get low offers on listings from some that think a “buyers market” means that a seller will accept almost anything for their home. This can be disappointing for buyers as they do lose out when a seller either turns down an offer and won’t negotiate, or a new offer comes in leaving them without the home they wanted.
Inventory is up a bit this month, and so is the number of buyers looking. Price your home properly, get it ready for market and work with an agent that knows your area. The results of having all three are in your favor to have your home sold in no time.
Knowledge is power in the real estate market and making sure the numbers are right can save you a ton of cash when buying or selling. While I can’t change what the numbers are, I can inform you best on what to expect and how to move forward in a challenging market. Call for more info, or contact me now.
What’s My Town of Newburgh NY Home Worth in April 2015?
Learn more about the Town of Newburgh NY
- Town of Newburgh NY Website
- Past Real Estate Market History for the Town of Newburgh NY
- Great Newburgh Enlarged City School District
- A Bit of History of the Town of Newburgh NY
Want to learn more? I write local market updates every month. Please feel free to read and share. If you would like to receive more information please subscribe to my blog. No Spam No hassles, just info on local housing. Looking to buy a new home? Search the MLS for New Homes in the Hudson Valley. Feel free to contact me anytime at (845)-527-7115 or come visit me on Google+ Statistics represent single family homes for sale in Newburgh NY (source HGMLS ). Information is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.
Town of Newburgh Map [map id=”3″]
This advertisement does not suggest that the broker has a listing in this property or properties or that any property is currently available See what homes are currently on the market in the town of Newburgh NY