Current Housing Market Conditions
Update – December 7th 2013
Montgomery NY Real Estate Market Report
Inventory continues to remain at the same level for the last few months. Our numbers of new homes and sales are just about equal from the previous months numbers. Buyers are looking at new construction homes and enjoying the features that are included compared to a home that is a resale. We are having sales, and buyers remain extremely cautious. Pricing a home properly is key to getting it sold.
As the winter sets in many people expect the market to quiet down. I am not seeing that right now. I have buyers out looking around. Most are serious as it too cold to be out touring homes. Buyers want to know if there are any bargains or if finding that motivated seller is a myth. While sellers know that the market has a decent amount of inventory the prices I’m seeing do reflect the current market and have been selling 92% + list to sell price point.
- There are 144 single family homes currently on the market (11 new listings in November)
- The average list price is $262,900 (ranging from $79,900 to 979,000)
- There are 24 homes currently under contract (average list price of $244,400 and days on market at 146)
- In November there were 10 homes that closed and transferred title
- The average sold price was $247,625 spending an average of 149 days on the market.
- 147 homes closed in the last twelve months. The average sold price of $256,444 spending an average of 144 days on the market
- 29 of our current active listings are short sales or bank owned
- Montgomery in a 11.8 month supply of homes for sale and this number is down from 13.8 in September.
This Housing Market report is based on single family homes for sale in the three villages of the Town Montgomery NY. It is an analysis of the market based on information from the Hudson Gateway Association of Realtors current statistics. Neighborhood statistics vary and can change daily. It is important to know these details when looking to buy or sell a home in Montgomery NY. My clients benefit from the information I can provide with any home pricing and trends in the area. When it is your turn to buy or sell hire a professional with your best interest in mind. Contact your local agent and find out more.
Town of Montgomery NY Active Listings
- Properties for Sale in Montgomery, NY Between $100,000 – $200,000
- Properties for Sale in Montgomery, NY Between $200,000 – $300,000
- Properties for Sale in Montgomery, NY Between $300,000 – $400,000
- Properties for Sale in Montgomery, NY Between $400,000 – $500,000
- Properties for Sale in Montgomery, NY Between $500,000 – $600,000
- Properties for Sale in Montgomery, NY Between $800,000 – $900,000
- Properties for Sale in Montgomery, NY Between $900,000 – $1,000,000
- Properties for Sale in Montgomery, NY Between $1,300,000 – $1,400,000
Real Estate Market Report November 2013
published by: Janis Borgueta Key Properties of the Hudson Valley in Newburgh NY. Her blog is about living, working and Real Estate in The Hudson Valley. Information here is a community service to the public. Please subscribe to this blog. When you are looking to buy a new home, Search the MLS for New Homes in Newburgh NY. You can contact Janis at (845)-527-7115 or find her on Google+
Statistics represent single family homes for sale in Montgomery NY (source GHVMLS ). Information is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.
Map of Montgomery New York