Half Yearly Housing Market Report 2014
Half the year is gone already and taking a look back in time helps to see where we have come and where we are headed. Our inventory of homes has been rather consistent all year so far. We did not such much of the spring surge this year at all. Buyers still are lucky to have many choices when shopping for their new home as we remain in a buyers market. Our inventory will need to drop to a six month supply for that to happen.
Active Listings – Montgomery NY January to June 2014
The number of sold homes in the Montgomery NY area is up for the spring. Warm weather usually does bring out the buyers. Location, condition and pricing are the three features that influence what buyers choose. Value in the market is there for those willing to sift through old inventory and over priced listings. Those looking to relocate to the area will find that Montgomery not only has some great resales, but brand new construction homes available now.
Number of SOLD Single Family Homes in Montgomery NY
January to June 2014
Montgomery NY Home Sales Updates for June 2014
- There are 169 single family homes currently on the market (32 new listings in June)
- The average list price is $275,930 (ranging from $70,000 to 2,500,000)
- Sales of homes are most popular at the $200,000 to $300,000 price point.
- There are 39 homes currently under contract with June showing a steady increase and 5 of these homes new construction
- In June 16 homes transferred title in Montgomery NY
- Transferred Title Prices ranged from $56,900 to $352,267
- The average home in June sold in Montgomery NY at $201,255 and spent 145 days on the market
- 145 homes closed in the last twelve months. The average sold price of $211,679 spending an average of 140 days on the market
- Montgomery NY has a generous supply of inventory with over a 12.8 month of supply down from last month.
The numbers of sold properties tell the true picture of what is selling in Montgomery NY. Homes under the $350K price point is what sold in the first six months of 2014. Montgomery only had a total of three sales over $350,000. This tells me that high end homes are not as popular in this area. Homes priced right and in good condition is what buyers are looking for to remain affordable.
This Housing Market report includes single family homes for sale in the three Villages of the Town of Montgomery, the Village of Montgomery and Walden NY. Students living in Montgomery attend the Valley Central School District. This market report an analysis of information from the Hudson Gateway Association of Realtor’s current statistics. Neighborhood numbers vary and change daily. It is important to know details when looking to buy or sell a home in Montgomery NY. Please subscribe to this blog for the monthly updates on the current Montgomery NY Housing Market.
All Town of Montgomery NY Active Listings can be found hereSearch Montgomery NY Homes for Sale
Montgomery NY Real Estate Market Report June 2014
published by: your real estate expert Janis Borgueta Key Properties of the Hudson Valley as a community service in Newburgh NY. To receive more real estate information please subscribe to this blog. Looking to buy a new home? Search the MLS for New Homes in Newburgh NY. You can contact Janis at (845)-527-7115 or find her on Google+ Statistics represent single family homes for sale in Montgomery NY (source HGMLS ). Information is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.
Map of Montgomery New York [map id=”6″]
Resources for Montgomery NY: