Current Housing Market Conditions
Update – July 11th 2013
Town of Montgomery NY Real Estate Market Report
The Montgomery NY single family residential home absorption rate is at a 12 month supply which is down from the previous month of May. Buyers are purchasing homes and the number of homes replacing those on the market is slowing down. Decreasing inventory can result in a seller’s market which in turn can result in higher prices. A buyer’s market doesn’t happen until there is less than a 6 month supply of inventory. We still have a way to go before that happens.
- There are 114 single family homes currently on the market (15 new listings in June down from 19 in May)
- The average list price is $308,000 (ranging from $85,000 to 895,999)
- There are 24 homes currently under contract (average list price of $244,000)
- In June there were 8 homes that closed and transferred title (down from 11 closings in May)
- The average sold price was $253,425, ranging from $161,500 to $344,050 and spending an average of 229 days on the market.
- 48 homes closed sales from January 1st of 2013, with an average sold price of $253,073 spending an average of 181 days on the market compared to 38 for the same time in 2012. That is an increase of 10 homes this year.
This Housing Market report is based on single family homes for sale in the Town and the Village of Montgomery NY. It is an analysis of the market based on information from the Hudson Gateway Association of Realtors current statistics. Neighborhoods statistics can and do change daily. If you are looking to buy or sell a home this information is important to you. All the tools available to me are how I make sure to advise my clients with pricing and trends in the area. Let me know how I can help when you are ready to buy or sell your home in Montgomery.
Ask for a FREE Comparative Market Analysis and let me provide you with information about your home. Not knowing can become very costly when it comes time to sell. You need an Orange County NY Realtor that knows the area.
Montgomery NY MLS Listings
Search Montgomery, NY Real Estate
- Properties for Sale in Montgomery, NY Between $0 – $100,000
- Properties for Sale in Montgomery, NY Between $100,000 – $200,000
- Properties for Sale in Montgomery, NY Between $200,000 – $300,000
- Properties for Sale in Montgomery, NY Between $300,000 – $400,000
- Properties for Sale in Montgomery, NY Between $400,000 – $500,000
- Properties for Sale in Montgomery, NY Between $500,000 – $600,000
Town Of Montgomery NY
Real Estate Market Report June 2013
published by: Janis Borgueta Key Properties of the Hudson Valley in Newburgh NY. Her blog is about living, working and Real Estate in The Hudson Valley. Information here is a community service to the public. Please subscribe to this blog. When you are looking to buy a new home, Search the MLS for New Homes in Newburgh NY. You can contact Janis at (845)-527-7115 or find her on Google+
Statistics represent single family homes for sale in Montgomery NY (source GHVMLS ). Information is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.
Map of Montgomery NY [map id=”6″]