Current Housing Market Conditions
Update – February 18th 2014
Montgomery NY Real Estate Market Report
Inventory is on the rise in Montgomery. Sellers saw January as a great time to get their homes on the market. 22 new listings this month alone. The last few months inventory was slowing dropping and buyers were having less choices, but that changed in January. They were aware that selling a home in January is a great time before the spring rush.
Buyers are still out looking even though the snowflakes have been flying. Many are relocating from New York City while others are just changing a place to hang their hat. Winter most notably has been a time to wait in the past, but not this year. Watch as the spring and warm weather hits as we are expecting the change of seasons to bring out more buyers. Winter is almost over, as the groundhog proclaims, and buyers are still looking and making offers.
- There are 142 single family homes currently on the market (22 new listings in November)
- The average list price is $271,273 (ranging from $79,900 to 2,500,000)
- There is only 1 homes currently under contract
- In January 2014 8 homes transferred title in Montgomery NY ranging from $105,988 to $318,200
- The average sold price was $217,313 spending an average of 232 days on the market.
- 129 homes closed in the last twelve months. The average sold price of $231,484 spending an average of 148 days on the market
- 29 of our current active listings are short sales or bank owned which remains unchanged
- Montgomery in is 13.2 and up slightly since November
This Housing Market report is based on single family homes for sale in the three villages of the Town Montgomery NY. It is an analysis of the market based on information from the Hudson Gateway Association of Realtors current statistics. Neighborhood numbers vary and can change daily. It is important to know these details when looking to buy or sell a home in Montgomery NY. My clients benefit from the information I can provide with any home pricing and trends in the area. When it is your turn to buy or sell hire a professional with your best interest in mind. Contact your local agent and find out more.
Town of Montgomery NY Active ListingsSearch Montgomery NY Homes for Sale
Montgomery NY Real Estate Market Report January 2014
published by: your real estate expert Janis Borgueta Key Properties of the Hudson Valley as a community service in Newburgh NY. To receive more real estate information please subscribe to this blog. Looking to buy a new home? Search the MLS for New Homes in Newburgh NY. You can contact Janis at (845)-527-7115 or find her on Google+
Statistics represent single family homes for sale in Montgomery NY (source GHVMLS ). Information is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.