Current Housing Market Conditions
Update – March 16th 2014
Montgomery NY Real Estate Market Report
Trends in the housing market for February continue to improve in Montgomery NY. Smart sellers are getting their homes on the market before the springtime surge. Warm weather brings out more buyers and sellers love to see a good response when listing their home. While only one buyer is needed it helps to have good traffic to find the one for any home.
Buyers are excited to get started with their buying process. Looking at homes online and again in person is exciting. Those relocating from New York City are enjoying great choices and homes to view in most price points. New construction homes are available too. Montgomery NY has both model homes or custom builds. Looking at land is now more logical as the snow and ice are almost gone.
- There are 148 single family homes currently on the market (17 new listings in February down from 22 the previous month)
- The average list price is $274,066 (ranging from $69,900 to 2,500,000)
- 1/3 of the inventory is at the $200,000 to $300,000 price point.
- There are 20 homes currently under contract for February, up from the previous month
- In February 11 homes transferred title in Montgomery NY ranging from $69,850 to $318,900
- Two of the sold homes were brand new construction sales
- The average sold price was $175,299 spending an average of 175 days on the market.
- 133 homes closed in the last twelve months. The average sold price of $231,484 spending an average of 166 days on the market
- 29 of our current active listings are short sales or bank owned properties which remains unchanged
- Montgomery NY has a decent amount of inventory with an 11.1 month of supply, but it is declining. We remains a buyers market. Our short sales continue to remain on the books as the banks do not seem all that interested in negotiations.
This Housing Market report is based on single family homes for sale in the three Villages of the Town Montgomery NY. The Town of Montgomery, the Village of Montgomery and Walden NY. Students here attend the Valley Central School District.
This market report an analysis of information from the Hudson Gateway Association of Realtor’s current statistics. Neighborhood numbers vary and can change daily. It is important to know these details when looking to buy or sell a home in Montgomery NY. My clients benefit from the information I can provide with any home pricing and trends in the area. When it is your turn to buy or sell, hire a professional with your best interest in mind. Contact your local agent and find out more.
Town of Montgomery NY Active ListingsSearch Montgomery NY Homes for Sale
Montgomery NY Real Estate Market Report | February 2014
published by: your real estate expert Janis Borgueta Key Properties of the Hudson Valley as a community service in Newburgh NY. To receive more real estate information please subscribe to this blog. Looking to buy a new home? Search the MLS for New Homes in Newburgh NY. You can contact Janis at (845)-527-7115 or find her on Google+
Statistics represent single family homes for sale in Montgomery NY (source GHVMLS ). Information is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.