Current Housing Market Conditions
Montgomery NY Housing Market Report – September 2014 UpdateSeptember in Montgomery NY
The sale of single family homes in Montgomery was a bit slow for the month of September. With only 7 closings for the entire month it was quite the drop from the previous month.Why would there be such a large drop? While the numbers don’t lie, the reason could be varied. A September closing is the results of a summer of house hunting and preparing for the closing. Many can be up for the summer disruption, but others want to enjoy the nice weather and delay their purchases. Second guessing a blip in the reasons why, can be a challenge. Smart to know ALL the details when you are buying and selling, but sometimes there is no explanation. More importantly watching the market would make the most sense to see if it is a trend. On a more positive note, the number of new contracts remained consistent and pricing had no change.
Housing Update for Montgomery NY – September 2014
- There are 170 single family homes currently on the market
- 20 New listings came to market in September, which is down 8 from last month
- The average list price is $260,187 (ranging from $59,000 to 2,500,000)
- the largest portion of homes are listed between $200,000 to $300,000 price point.
- There are 31 homes currently under contract for September
- 12 New contracts were signed in August
- In September 8 homes transferred title in Montgomery NY down from 17 the previous month
- Transferred Title Prices ranged from $55,900 to $357,500
- The average home in September Sold at $206,326,019 and spent 110 days on the market
- 139 homes closed in the last twelve months. The average sold price of $204,110 spending an average of 154 days on the market
- Montgomery NY continues to have a 14.68 months inventory of homes for sale
Montgomery NY Housing Market Report September 2014
Homes sold in Montgomery each month and the number of Days on Market are easily shown on this graph for Montgomery NY. Learn more about the homes available for sale in Montgomery NY. Knowing the prices of past sales and not just the listing prices is the difference between a guess and the real numbers. You need all the facts when buying or selling a home. Let me know when we can talk and I’ll share.
published by: your real estate expert Janis Borgueta Key Properties of the Hudson Valley as a community service in Newburgh NY. To receive more real estate information please subscribe to this blog. Looking to buy a new home? Search the MLS for New Homes in Newburgh NY. You can contact Janis at (845)-527-7115 or find her on Google+ Statistics represent single family homes for sale in Montgomery NY (source HGMLS ). Information is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.
Map of Montgomery New York [map id=”6″]
Resources for Montgomery NY:
- Montgomery NY History
- Village of Walden 845 778-2177
- Village of Montgomery Phone Directory 845-457-9661
- Town of Montgomery Supervisors Office 845-457-2600
This advertisement does not suggest that the broker has a listing in this property or properties or that any property is currently available See what homes are currently on the market in the town of Newburgh NY. Begin with page one of many.