Current Housing Market Conditions
Montgomery NY Housing Market Report – October 2014 Update
Sales of single family homes in Montgomery picked up again after a slow September. Sales in October are up and more than doubled. Last month we asked why things slowed down. This month things seem to be back to more of a norm for the location. The numbers tell an interesting story and the reasons could be varied. Second guessing an anomaly can be a challenge though. Following the monthly reports is a more logical way to get an idea of where the market is headed. A one month surge means as little as a one month decrease. Consistent pricing over a period of time and number of sales shows the Montgomery Real Estate market is alive and well.
Housing Update for Montgomery NY October 2014
- There are 168 single family homes currently on the market down from 170 in September
- 28 New listings came to market in October up from 20 in September
- The average list price is $236,291 (ranging from $51,000 to 874,900)
- the largest portion of homes are listed between $200,000 to $300,000 price point.
- There are 31 homes currently under contract for October showing no change from the previous month
- 8 New contracts were signed in October which is down from September
- In October 16 homes transferred title in Montgomery NY and consistent with last October numbers.
- Transferred Title Prices ranged from $66,900 to $451,000
- The average home in October sold at $189,594 down from the previous month, but consistent with October of 2013.
- Sold Homes spent 141 days on the market
Montgomery NY Housing Monthly Market Report 2014
Learn more about the housing market by following the monthly market reports. Knowing the prices of past sales and not just the listing prices is the difference between a guess and the real numbers. It is important to have as much accurate info as possible when buying or selling a home. Your financial future depends on it. Mistakes are costly. Ask questions and gather facts going forward. Searching for a new home can also be fun. Let me help your navigating a path and show you the way home.
published by: your real estate expert Janis Borgueta Key Properties of the Hudson Valley as a community service in Newburgh NY. To receive more real estate information please subscribe to this blog. Looking to buy a new home? Search the MLS for New Homes in Newburgh NY. You can contact Janis at (845)-527-7115 or find her on Google+ Statistics represent single family homes for sale in Montgomery NY (source HGMLS ). Information is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.
Map of Montgomery New York [map id=”6″]
Resources for Montgomery NY:
- Montgomery NY History
- Village of Walden 845 778-2177
- Village of Montgomery Phone Directory 845-457-9661
- Town of Montgomery Supervisors Office 845-457-2600
This advertisement does not suggest that the broker has a listing in this property or properties or that any property is currently available See what homes are currently on the market in the town of Newburgh NY. Begin with page one of many.