Current Housing Market Conditions
Montgomery NY Housing Market Report – November 2014 Update
The sales of single family homes in Montgomery NY for November is almost identical to last month. Less homes entered the market for the month of November, dropping 28%. Pricing of homes remains the same as well as the number of homes that went under contract. The number of new contracts written were less but does not mean that there is an indication of a slowing market. What we did see was that the average price of a home sold for the month of November is again up for two months in a row. Buyers should take note that pricing is up and inventory is down. Sellers looking to put their home on the market may want to consider that now is the time!!
Housing Update for Montgomery NY November 2014
- There are 167 single family homes currently on the market down unchanged from last month
- 20 New listings came to market in November which is 8 less from last month
- The average list price is $234,531 (ranging from $49,500 to 874,900)
- Most sales this month were under the $250,000 price point.
- There are 26 homes currently under contract for November down from 31
- 8 New contracts were signed which is the same from last month
- In November 10 homes transferred title in Montgomery NY and consistent with last October numbers.
- Transferred Title Prices ranged from $92,500 to $424,600
- The average home in November sold at $203,900 which is up from October
- Sold Homes spent 170 days on the market
Montgomery NY Housing Monthly Market Report 2014
It is great to see that two higher end homes transferred title. Montgomery is known to have new construction houses that are some pretty stiff competition. They can be of great value in the slightly higher price point. This month there are 13 new construction homes listed. New homes are part of the picture when buying or selling as they are part of the stats when an appraisal is done on any home.
Learn more about the housing market by following the monthly market reports. Knowing the prices of past sales and not just the listing prices is the difference between a guess and the real numbers. It is important to have accurate up to date info when buying or selling a home. Information that is useful to you reflects where you are comparing homes. As they say, “real estate is local”. If you are looking to plan a sound financial future learn as much as you can. Mistakes are costly. Ask questions and gather facts going forward.
Once you are on the right path, searching for a new home can be fun. Let me help you navigate a path and show you the way home.
published by: your real estate expert Janis Borgueta Key Properties of the Hudson Valley as a community service in Newburgh NY. To receive more real estate information please subscribe to this blog. Looking to buy a new home? Search the MLS for New Homes in Newburgh NY. You can contact Janis at (845)-527-7115 or find her on Google+ Statistics represent single family homes for sale in Montgomery NY (source HGMLS ). Information is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.
Montgomery NY Housing Market Report November 2014
Map of Montgomery New York [map id=”6″]
Resources for Montgomery NY:
- Montgomery NY History
- Village of Walden 845 778-2177
- Village of Montgomery Phone Directory 845-457-9661
- Town of Montgomery Supervisors Office 845-457-2600
This advertisement does not suggest that the broker has a listing in this property or properties or that any property is currently available See what homes are currently on the market in the town of Montgomery NY. Begin with page one of many.