Current Housing Market Conditions
Montgomery NY Housing Market Report – August 2014 Update
The housing market in Montgomery NY remains rather consistent. Montgomery is home to farms and land and the quaint village of Montgomery. Due to the large amount of acreage it covers there is a vast difference in the style and size of homes in the area. Many of the farms have been subdivided over the years and have become small communities and neighborhoods within its borders. A wonderful variety of styles, Montgomery has horse farms and estates that are majestic and offer great value to buyers. We are close to New York City and remain a popular destination for commuters. Many NYC dwellers relocate to Montgomery and find commuting their best option.
Value is key when looking for a Montgomery home. While the market has remained rather consistent our prices are making both buyers and sellers happy. Many are taking advantage of low interest rates to find their home and settle in. Knowledge of the local market is important when making these decisions. Let me know if you want more detailed info on your home. Neighborhoods, style, size and condition are all important factors when buying a home. Accurate and up to date info can help.
Housing Update for Montgomery NY – August 2014
- There are 173 single family homes currently on the market
- 28 New listings came to market in August
- The average list price is $266,000 (ranging from $68,000 to 2,500,000)
- 1/3 of the inventory is at the $200,000 to $300,000 price point.
- There are 34 homes currently under contract for August
- 13 New contracts were signed in August
- In August 17 homes transferred title in Montgomery NY
- Transferred Title Prices ranged from $70,900 to $458,500
- The average home in August Sold at $197,019 and spent 195 days on the market
- 144 homes closed in the last twelve months. The average sold price of $205,711 spending an average of 152 days on the market
- Montgomery NY continues to have a 14.41 months inventory of homes for sale
This Housing Market report includes information on single family homes for sale in all three locations: The Villages of the Town of Montgomery, the Village of Montgomery and Walden NY. Students living here will attend the Valley Central School District. This market report an analysis of information from the Hudson Gateway Association of Realtor’s current statistics. Neighborhood numbers vary and change daily. It is important to know details when looking to buy or sell a home in Montgomery NY. Additional past market reports and updates can be found here.
My clients enjoy the benefits from the information I am able to provide with any home pricing and trends in the area. When you are looking to buy or sell, hire a professional with your best interest in mind. Contact your local agent and find out more.
All Town of Montgomery NY Active Listings can be found here.Search Montgomery NY Homes for Sale
Montgomery NY Housing Market Report August 2014
published by: your real estate expert Janis Borgueta Key Properties of the Hudson Valley as a community service in Newburgh NY. To receive more real estate information please subscribe to this blog. Looking to buy a new home? Search the MLS for New Homes in Newburgh NY. You can contact Janis at (845)-527-7115 or find her on Google+ Statistics represent single family homes for sale in Montgomery NY (source HGMLS ). Information is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.
Map of Montgomery New York [map id=”6″]
Resources for Montgomery NY:
- Montgomery NY History
- Village of Walden 845 778-2177
- Village of Montgomery Phone Directory 845-457-9661
- Town of Montgomery Supervisors Office 845-457-2600
Learn more about the homes available for sale in Montgomery NY
This advertisement does not suggest that the broker has a listing in this property or properties or that any property is currently available See what homes are currently on the market in the town of Newburgh NY