What is My Montgomery NY Home Worth?
Montgomery NY Housing Market Update August 2015
Housing Update for Montgomery NY August 2015
- There are 172 single family homes currently on the market
- 27 New listings came to market in August down from 39 new listings in July
- The average list price is $270,000 (ranging from $25,900 to 1,950,000)
- There are 38 homes currently under contract, down from July that had 46.
- In August there were 23 homes that transferred title, up from 2 the previous month.
- Transferred Title Prices ranged from $25,000 to $419,000
- The average home in August sold at $192,800
- Sold homes spent 146 days on the market
- We currently have 11,93 months of inventory and falling
- Compare these numbers with August of 2014 for more information.
Our most popular price point continues to be in the $200,000 t0 $250,000 for those looking to buy a home. Homes under $300,000 seem to be the trend for Orange County NY right now. Our buyers are coming to the area looking for an easy commute, homes with enough space and a yard to call their own. Our highest priced homes in the county still remain well under $1 Million, with many listed and sold between $500,000 to $750,000. This shows that the Hudson Valley is a reasonably priced market for homes within a great commuter location. While a few of the higher end homes can be found in Montgomery, they are not the biggest part of our market. When I do have a buyer looking for this fabulous location and that very special home, there are choices that are hard to resist.
Home inventory for Montgomery NY continues to drop. Falling inventory can sometimes see increasing prices, but so far that has not been the case. New homes are popular and they can be found in some areas. Shiny and new is a plus, but along with new we see higher taxes, limiting the volume of those sales. Resales in the town are known for lower taxes than the homes in the village. Be sure to note what the taxes are on those homes, as those additional fees can increase your total tax bill. Homes that are just a few years old or more that are in great condition show great value to savvy buyers. Lower taxes today means lower monthly payments for a long, long time.
Whether you are selling your home, or looking to buy a new one give me a call. I enjoy helping buyers find that perfect place to call home. Did you know that this website provides ALL the current homes for sale in the HGMLS? This service is provided to assure you that you won’t miss out on ANY home that is on the market for sale.
Let me help you find qualified buyers that are anxiously waiting to find their perfect home in the Hudson Valley. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
HOMES SOLD IN MONTGOMERY NY AUGUST 2015
This advertisement does not suggest that the broker has a listing in this property or properties or that any property is currently available
Search ALL Homes on the HGMLS for Montgomery New York
Begin with page one of many.
What are Montgomery NY Homes Worth August 2015
Map of Montgomery New York [map id=”6″]
Montgomery NY Resources found here:
- Montgomery NY History
- Village of Walden 845 778-2177
- Village of Montgomery Phone Directory 845-457-9661
- Town of Montgomery Supervisors Office 845-457-2600
published by: your real estate expert Janis Borgueta Hudson Valley Homes for Sale as a community service in Newburgh NY. To receive more real estate information please subscribe to this blog. Looking to buy a new home? You can contact Janis at (845)-527-7115 or find her on Google+ Statistics represent single family homes for sale in Montgomery NY (source HGMLS ). Information is deemed reliable but not guar