Current Market Conditions Cornwall NY
July 11th, 2013
The Cornwall NY housing market is making some great progress. While the number of listings, along with the number currently selling per month makes for a buyer’s market, prices have begun to increase in the last few months. Homes that are priced right and in great shape sell quickly. I am seeing some new construction with great value popular as buyers tend to find great value in new.
These figures are the current update for Cornwall and Cornwall on Hudson combined. More specific info is available upon request.
- There are 124 single family homes currently on the market (25 new listings this month up from 18 in May)
- The average list price is $413,000 (ranging from $119,900 to 3,990,000) The majority of homes are in the $250,000 to $350,000 price range.
- There are 33 homes currently under contract
- In the month of June 2013 there were 12 homes that transferred title.
- The average sold price was $329,927 spending an average of 117 days on the market
- Year to date there have been 46 closed sales with an average sold price of $291,295 spending an average of 135 days on the market
- In the last twelve months there were 85 closed sales with an average sold price of $276,000 spending an average of 134 days on the market
- The Cornwall NY single family absorption rate is at a 17+ month supply and remains unchanged from last month. While prices seem to be holding steady and improving some, it remains a buyer’s market.
If you are looking to buy or sell in the near future, or just want to know what your home is worth in the current market don’t hesitate to ask. Contact me for your FREE market analysis on your home now. I can provide a more detailed look of your specific neighborhood. Ask for your local Cornwall Real Estate Agent to help you navigate through the process. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Search the MLS – ACTIVE Listing in the Cornwall NYSearch Cornwall NY Homes for Sale
Real Estate Market Report June 2013
Knowing what has sold in the past is helpful when either buying or selling a home. It gives you a better perspective of what prices you can expect when looking for a home, or selling one. If you are looking to purchase or sell a home in the Cornwall NY I would be happy to discuss your real estate needs and show you how I can help. I am your local real estate agent that is ready to guide you every step of the way.
published by: your real estate expert Janis Borgueta Key Properties of the Hudson Valley as a community service in Newburgh NY. To receive more real estate information please subscribe to this blog. Looking to buy a new home? Search the MLS for Homes in the Hudson Valley. You can contact Janis at (845)-527-7115 or find her on Google+
Statistics represent single family homes for sale in Cornwall, NY (source GHVMLS ). Information is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.
Map of Cornwall New York 12520[map id=”7″]