Current Market Conditions Cornwall NY
Update – March 18th 2014
Cornwall NY Real Estate Market Report
Snow did not keep buyers from looking at properties this winter in Cornwall NY. The Hudson Valley saw its share of bad weather, but buyers remained enthusiastic about looking at new homes. Some were quick to make decisions while others took more time to view the inventory. Either way, decisions were made and the results were 18 homes under contract.
Only five Cornwall homeowners decided to put the properties on the market in February. This translates into less homes available to buyers with few choices. Seems that the buyers are looking at everything on the internet hoping that something new will show up on the search. As the number of homes in Cornwall decrease any seller would be smart to put their home on the market as soon as possible.
These are the February updates for Cornwall NY. The report includes the Town of Cornwall as well as the Village. It is important when selling to see what homes have transferred title in specific neighborhoods. Any location can differ. I can provide more details if you are looking to find out your home value.
- There are 76 single family homes currently on the market (only 5 new listings for February)
- Five new homes are either under construction or to be built in Cornwall
- The average list price is $375,500 (ranging from 105,900 to 995,900)
- There are 18 homes currently under contract
- In the month of February 2014 there were 7 homes that transferred title.
- The average sold price was $315,223 spending an average of 195 days on the market.
- Sold prices ranged from $189,995 to $525,000
- In the last twelve months there were 123 closed sales with an average sold price of $296,543 spending an average of 126 days on the market
- The Cornwall NY single family absorption rate is at a 7.5 month supply, and continues to improve. Cornwall will be in a sellers market soon if we don’t see more homes enter the market to sell.
If you are looking to buy or sell in the near future, or just want to know what your home is worth in the current market don’t hesitate to ask. Neighborhoods vary in numbers. Values are constantly changing. Let me give you the info you need to make an informed decision. Contact me for your FREE market analysis on your home. I can provide a more detailed look of your specific neighborhood. As your local Cornwall Real Estate Agent I can help you navigate through the process of buying or selling your home.
Search Here for ALL Active Listings for Cornwall NYSearch Cornwall NY Homes for Sale
Cornwall NY Real Estate Market Report | February 2014[map id=”7″]
Knowing what has sold in the past is helpful when either buying or selling a home. It gives you a better perspective of what prices you can expect when looking for a home, or selling one. If you are looking to purchase or sell a home in the Cornwall NY I would be happy to discuss your real estate needs and show you how I can help. I am your local real estate agent that is ready to guide you every step of the way.
The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the REDX Program of the Hudson Gateway Multiple Listing Service, Inc. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Key Properties of the Hudson Valley are marked with the REDX logo. Information Deemed Reliable but Not Guaranteed.
published by: your real estate expert Janis Borgueta Key Properties of the Hudson Valley as a community service in Newburgh NY. To receive more real estate information please subscribe to this blog. Looking to buy a new home? Search the MLS for New Homes in Newburgh NY. You can contact Janis at (845)-527-7115 or find her on Google+
Statistics represent single family homes for sale in Newburgh NY (source GHVMLS ). Information is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.