Current Housing Market Conditions
Cornwall NY Housing Market Report October 2014 Update
The Cornwall NY housing market is doing much better this month than last. The number of contracts signed are approximately same from last month. The number of homes that transferred title doubled. Compare this to last year at the same time, and we are rather consistent in numbers. The numbers tell part of the story. Cornwall is a small community and the numbers can swing percentages easily. The real indicator is that homes are selling and prices remain relatively stable. A graph that shows increasing number of sales is what we like to see. Pricing is a bit harder, as we have inventory in all price ranges that can give a slanted perspective of the direction of the market.
- There are 99 single family homes currently on the market with 13 new listings for the month of October
- The average list price is $366,024 down from September
- Listing prices range from $125,000 to $2,425,000 which is unchanged from last month.
- There are 16 homes currently under contract. October saw 2 new contracts signed.
- In the month of October 2014 there were 8 homes that transferred title which is up from 4 in September.
- The average sale price for October was $254,750 and spent 234 days on the market. The range was from $203,000 to $355,500.
- The number of sold homes in October 2013 is the same as October of 14. Pricing changed from an average of $360K in 2013 to $254,050.
- Inventory is lower this month but not a significant difference to matter. Our pricing is lower and days on the market remain high.
Knowing what is happening in your market is important. When buying a home you need to know what is selling that is comparable to what you want to purchase. Sellers need the same info to price a home right to be able to sell and achieve a fair price. Cornwall is unique with style, age, condition and size of a home all in one block. If you would like more information on what is happening today, I’d be glad to help you along on your real estate search. Each neighborhood can have a different result in the market.
Home Sale Prices 2014 Cornwall NY
Cornwall NY – Single Family SOLD Homes
Homes in Cornwall and Cornwall on Hudson New York enjoy a great location of the Hudson Valley. Commuters find our proximity to transportation a definite asset. Close to I84 the New York Thruway and Metro North we are considered a popular central location. Students living in Cornwall enjoy the Cornwall and Washingtonville School Districts.
This advertisement does not suggest that the broker has a listing in this property or properties or that any property is currently available.
search results HGMLS for ALL Active Listings for Cornwall NY page 2+ search results HGMLS Cornwall Homes:
Search Single Family Homes for Sale in Cornwall and Cornwall on Hudson NY by price:
- Residential Properties for Sale in Cornwall, NY Between $200,000 – $300,000
- Residential Properties for Sale in Cornwall, NY Between $300,000 – $400,000
- Residential Properties for Sale in Cornwall, NY Between $400,000 – $500,000
- Residential Properties for Sale in Cornwall on Hudson, NY Between $0 – $200,000
- Residential Properties for Sale in Cornwall on Hudson, NY Between $200,000 – $300,000
- Residential Properties for Sale in Cornwall on Hudson, NY Between $300,000 – $400,000
Cornwall NY Housing Market Report October 2014[map id=”7″]
Past Cornwall NY Market Updates show what has recently sold in both the Town and Village. This info is helpful when either buying or selling a home. Here you will be able to reach a better perspective of what prices you can expect when navigating a sale. If you are looking to purchase or sell a home in the Cornwall NY I would be happy to discuss your real estate needs and show you how I can help. I am your local real estate agent and ready to guide you every step of the way.
Resources for additional information on Cornwall NY
Information Deemed Reliable but Not Guaranteed. published by: your real estate expert Janis Borgueta Key Properties of the Hudson Valley as a community service in Newburgh NY. To receive more real estate information please subscribe to this blog. Looking to buy a new home? Search the MLS for New Homes in Newburgh NY. You can contact Janis at (845)-527-7115 or find her on Google+ Statistics represent single family homes for sale in Cornwall NY (source HGMLS ). Information is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.