No Leprechauns Needed When Selling Your Home in The Hudson Valley
St Patrick’s Day traditions are different across the the globe. In my opinion there is no right or wrong way to celebrate the day. No matter if your traditions are old or new, the traditions are fun. Local celebrations in the Hudson Valley vary from eating soda bread to watching a parade, dying your hair green or wearing a green shirt. While the celebrations in New York are much different than the celebration in Ireland, local events can spur new traditions and fun for everyone. Seems that it has become an event for anyone that wants to participate. Listing your home for sale may not be a typical St. Paddy’s Day tradition, but don’t let the holiday stop you. If you plan to drink green beer, eat corned beef & cabbage while selling your home in The Hudson Valley, be sure to listen to your REALTOR® for some good advice. Hire the right agent and relax. Remember, luck has absolutely nothing to do with it!
9 Tips from your local Real Estate Agent should help you on your way.
- Do wear GREEN and leave your home for all showings. Attend a party or shop til you drop.
- Don’t paint the walls GREEN when getting ready to list your home. Bright colors don’t always work well.
- Do bake GREEN cupcakes or cookies and leave them out for potential buyers and agents for showings.
- Do clean your home leaving a light fresh scent. Using GREEN products is always a plus
- Don’t hire Leprechauns to dance in the front yard. It does not attract the proper attention. A FOR SALE placed by your agent is the only sign you need.
- Do order a RAINBOW to cascade over your home for any and all showings. First impressions count.
- Don’t dye the dog GREEN. Take Fido out for a romp at the local park. Pets should not be in the home for showings.
- Do put out cut flowers with lots of GREENery on your dining room table. Staging works!
- Don’t leave it up to the “Luck of the Irish”. Hiring the proper agent when it comes to selling your home takes out the mystical results and can help you find your pot of gold.
A more traditional way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day may be to attend a local parade and not sell your home. While I’m not Irish, I have a different story to tell that is quite special. My celebration is more about family and new beginnings. It is the day my husband entered the United States for the first time 36 years ago, from the Philippines. It has been a day we never forget to celebrate. After three years of living in New Haven, we found our new home together in Newburgh. We have celebrated in some crazy ways over the years, especially when our children were little. Note to self – don’t put food coloring in a cup of coffee for your dad.
Enjoy the day and leave the details of selling your home to your REALTOR®.
Disclaimer: Please know that there were no Leprechauns consulted prior to writing this article.
Remember, luck has nothing to do with it!
9 Tips to Sell Your Home on St. Patrick’s Day
published by: your real estate expert Janis Borgueta Key Properties of the Hudson Valley as a community service. To receive more real estate information please subscribe to this blog. Looking to buy a new home? Search the MLS for New Homes You can contact Janis at (845)-527-7115 or find her on Google+